Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday My Sweet Baby Boys!





May 3, 2006: "What's in the Closet"

"Batman has fled the batcave! Last night Bitch relinquished her grasp on Batman. She had five altogether, three mostly black kittens and two orange garfield colored kittens. The big dominant one is one of the orange ones so I named him "Biff", like from Back to the Future. The runt is the other red head and I nicknamed him "Conan." They are sooooo cute, about the size of a mouse and fit in the palm of my hand. Bitch is such a good mother and didn't even cry."

I consider this to be the boys' "birth certificate" since it pretty much describes their birth, via Allen. It seems like yesterday that Randy and I drove 614 miles through Nevada to pick up our little pride and joy, Biff. I had a bed picked out, his name tag already made and I had even sent a baby blanket to Allen and Cathy so that he would get his smell on it and then bring it back to Las Vegas with us. It turned out that "Cow" was not wanted by the people who said they would take him, and all of a sudden, we had two sweet little boys. I renamed him Axel, from Beverly Hills Cop.

At the time, bringing two kittens into my life- my first indoor pet- was a HUGE commitment. It turned out to be one of the best decisions I have ever made. I love my boys more than anything and can't imagine not having those furry faces to look at and love.

Some fun facts about my favorite boys:
  • Axel sleeps on the right side of the bed and "tries" to spoon
  • Biff sleeps under the covers and actually does spoon
  • Axel still hasn't quite figured out how to drink out of the faucet
  • Biff loves dairy- cheese, cream cheese, butter, icecream, taco bell tacos
  • Axel wants to rip down all of my trailmaps that are on my walls
  • Biff decided he didn't want to go home for Christmas one year. I made it 100 miles....
  • Axel is a pure ragdoll and feels like one too!
  • Biff loves to groom Axel, but Axel won't groom Biff
  • Biff licks any part of my body that hurts, and he knows where...
  • Axel likes cat treats, but not human food
  • Biff has learned how to print documents from my printer
  • Axel loves the cat dvd with the birds and fish on it
  • Both love to sit on my book when I'm trying to do homework
  • Biff gets mad when I sneeze
  • Axel thinks he can read
  • Both love going home to Grammie and Grampies house!!!!