Saturday, April 30, 2011

THE Wedding!!!




When Skippy and I saw Kate and William announce their engagement last November, we both agreed that we must "save the date". Skippy has always talked about her fond memories of being a week away from giving birth to me way back on July 29, 1981 and watching the wedding of Charles and Diana all night long. Now, it was my turn to enjoy the "wedding of the century!" So, good ol Skip hopped in the Myron mobile and trekked down to Salt Lake to celebrate "THE wedding" with me!

One of our first stops was to go down to Thanksgiving Point and walk through the Tulip Festival. It was beautiful and I kept myself more than occupied by taking pictures, crouching in the dirt to get the best shot and analyzing shadow/sun/dew/kids to get the best shots.

If anyone sees me strike this pose anywhere near a golf course....they better look out, cause it means I'm kicking and stretching and getting ready to launch one of my 200 yard drives. My golf game is actually pretty good, especially my putting and chipping....but this year...oh this year...my driving has improved dramatically! Watch out Seymour Family! The Seymour Family Golf Tournament which will be held the weekend of Allen's graduation will surely prove who the best player in the family is. Best ball wins each hole, and I am banking on winning at least a few. In fact, I plan on playing so well that I will be invited to the Annual Lion's Club Jackpot golf fundraiser in August. So, watch out, because I'm ready to GRIP IT AND RIP IT!!!

Skippy with all of her foresight, thought to bring decorations and traditional English treats to the wedding party! So, we decorated the living room with bells and signs, she brought a cake and brought her wedding knife, she had ribbon from her wedding and she even framed a picture of the bride and groom. We had chocolate covered strawberries, biscotti, Chessmen cookies, muffins and champagne. She even brought confetti canons, which she blew after the I do's! We watched and listened to Fox news as Shepherd commentated and eventually warmed up to the whole affair. At the end he was still comparing the fiasco to a football game and tailgating, but it turned out to be quite entertaining!

My aunt so thoughtfully inquired if I was "taking notes for my big day" and I informed her that I was wearing flannel and that "the big day" probably wouldn't be happening if I continued to insist on wearing flannel :)

So, thanks Skip for another really, really fun weekend!!! It's always a FUN time with you!!!!