Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Clinging to Winter


















One day I'm in beautiful, warm, sunny Las Vegas, the next I'm back on the mountain, clinging to the last few days of the season.

When I left the SLC for Vegas on Saturday, it was 80 degrees and sunny. I rolled into town last night and there was snow on the ground, it was 22 degrees and my mailbox was full of powder alerts and back country avalanche warnings. It may be spring on the calendar, but it is still winter in my world!!!

It snowed about 14 inches across the Wasatch which made for a really nice day up in Park City. I found some nice new tree runs off of McConkeys by cutting off of Georgeanna and then again through Parleys Park on my way to King Con. The park was great, no one was in it. In fact, there were very few people at all up there. The conditions were still great and it does not even seem real that the season will be over in less than 2 weeks! I may even shed a tear! I won't be on the Sweet Unit all summer. I will probably be in the library. Oh well....there's always New Zealand if I really get stir crazy!