Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Dirty Thirty!

And so it begins...... the first of my close friends to turn "The Dirty Thirty".....

In honor of Lisa turning 30 this past week, I trekked down to Vegas to help her celebrate. I wasn't sure if we were going to be mourning our youth or celebrating our good health and future. I was happy to find that we were celebrating and that she was graciously accepting the fact that she was now out of her 20's. I strongly believe that dating an older man helps to make the one that is turning 30 feel young still. (My dirty thirty is coming up, I better get on that last statement! :)

Unlike many of the women I know, I am not worrying about turning 30. When I was 21, one of the bartenders that I worked with was turning 30. She was absolutely stunning, yet I did think that she was "old". She said that she had never been happier than when she turned 30 because she knew what she wanted and what she didn't, she knew what made her happy and what was appropriate and reasonable to expect out of her life and the people in her life. I have completely adopted that attitude and will remind myself of it daily for the next 4 months leading up to my big day!

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!! You are more beautiful than ever, and you just keep getting more interesting with each passing year!