Saturday, May 7, 2011

Pre Race Wager....The Results


My Predictions for the 2011 Kentucky Derby 4:11 pm Race Day
Win- Dialed In
Place- Shakelford
Show- ArchArchArch
4th- Mucho Macho Man
5th- Nehro
6th- Pants of Fire

Trifecta + Superfecta:
1- Dialed In
2-Shakelford
3-ArchArchArch
4- Mucho Macho Man

Outside Bet:

Quinella:
Master of Hounds
Shakelford

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ok....The race is over, and I wouldn't have made any money. I probably would have made more bets than what was above, but even then, I would not have chosen Animal Kingdom to have come in first. Below is the final results with the original odds.

30-1 Animal Kingdom- First time to race on dirt, first time with Velazquez
06-1 Nehro-Shares a Sire with Dialed In
12-1 Mucho Macho Man-Placed exactly where I expected him to
12-1 Shakelford- Should have bet on him to win. He was my favorite
30-1 Master of Hounds-Happy to see that he placed well, I liked his pedigree
30-1 Santiva
30-1 Brilliant Speed
04-1 Dialed In- Where were you buddy!?
20-1 Pants on Fire- The woman jockey.She wanted to place 4th
20-1 Twice the Appeal- Calvin Borel couldn't get Derby win #4
12-1 Soldat
20-1 Stay Thirsty- His racemate, Big Mo scratched yesterday
30-1 Derby Kitten
30-1 Decisive Moment
10-1 ArchArchArch- Hurt his ankle coming out of the gate
10-1 Midnight Interlude- High odds...came in 16th...
30-1 Twinspired
50-1 Watch Me Go
30-1 Comma to the Top

Needless to say, I was much more accurate with predicting the earlier races of the day. The Triple Crown is always incredibly hard to predict. But, I am going to just throw this out there...I won't be putting money on Animal Kingdom to win either the Preakness or Belmont. I am looking forward to next year, though. I have the yearling guide from 2009. All those ponies will be racing in the Triple Crown next year and it will be fun to follow them!