Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Congratulations to the Graduate!






Congratulations to Allen, Our Masters Graduate!!!

Allen was "hooded" at the San Jose State University Hooding Ceremony this past weekend to commemorate his completion of his Masters in Urban and Regional Planning with a focus on Community Design and Development. The family converged on San Jose for this BIG EVENT!!! The ceremony was fabulous. It was held in an auditorium that looks like the Egyptian Theatre in downtown Boise, complete with fireplaces, candles and palm trees. His professor was incredibly complimentary of him and we were the proud family waving and beaming in the audience! The whole thing reminded us of THE SKULLS movie, where they are part of a secret society. The only thing missing was the branding of his wrist with a hot iron and a red Porsche parked out front. But, we enjoyed the ceremony, the delicious reception food and we especially enjoyed seeing Allen in all of his glory. Congratulations Jimmy! I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

Since we were all together and may not be for a while, we decided to hold the Seymour Family Golf Tournament. We drove to Cupertino and played 9 holes in a very competitive game of best hole golf. Allen received new golf clubs as his present and I have to say, the boy did well. Not better than me, however, because Squirrel, Jimmy and I all had the same stroke score, but it was Skippy who beat us all in the number of hole wins. We went to a trophy store the next day and picked out a big gold cup on a stand and are having it engraved with the winner of each Seymour Family Golf Tournament from here on out. It is hilarious and I can't wait until I win it! So, congrats Skip on your first win. After I join my ladies league in Park City this summer,.. it's on buddy!

One of our favorite things to do in San Francisco is to attend a Giants baseball game. We got SOOO lucky with great weather and were able to see my favorite little emo pitcher, Lincecum pitch! He won the the game with 5 K's. What an arm that kid has! Always such a great time at At&T Park!

After that Allen had the bright idea to drive over to the golden gate bridge to watch the sunset! We did and then walked half way across and it was beautiful. San Francisco is such a pretty city, especially at a distance. I always have fun adventures there and even if Allen gets a job in St. Louis, I am sure that I will have to go back to visit, at least to tour wine country some time!

So thank you family for the wonderful vacation! Thank you Allen and Conan for letting me stay in the poop stick! I Love you!!

P.S. My favorite horse, Shakleford, won the Preakness this past weekend. Animal Kingdom was second, just as I predicted. Now, the real handicapping starts for the Belmont. I'm not going to gamble online since that would get me in trouble with the federalies, but I may jaunt over to Wendover if the mood strikes. I'm feeling pretty lucky!