Saturday, August 28, 2010

Back to School! Rodent's Going Back to School!


نا أحب الشرق الأوسط! دعنا نذهب!

I just finished my first week back in school at the University of Utah! I have 3 semesters remaining until I have my Masters degree in Middle East Politics. I am so happy to be back in school, studying what I absolutely love.

This semester I am taking "Oil and Democracy," "Islamic Fundamentalism," "History of the Middle East 1750-1914" and عربي (Arabic). This will be a crazy year, but it will be all worth it in the end. I love learning عربي(Arabic) and have already been practicing on the babies. Axel knows how to read, so he should pick this up quickly, but the other two look at me like they have no idea what I'm saying! I figure, the next time I'm in the Middle East, I will be able to negotiate a better price for a camel ride (We rode those characters in the picture) since I will be able to speak عربي(Arabic).