Saturday, June 25, 2011

School's Out! Time for Summer Fun!

Last year, I was given Travis in late April and was only able to ride him a few times before I had to retire him for the summer and break out the "rock board". Today is June 24 and Travis is still going strong because there is SO MUCH SNOW there aren't even any rocks showing yet!!! I'm going to Swix Wax (my single favorite product of all time) my rock board for next week (4th of July!) just in case some rocks are showing. I am contemplating how I am going to achieve my goal of riding in every single month of this year. I have decided that my only obstacle is August and possibly September...So, I think that a return trip to Mnt. Hood might be in order. I would strategically plan the trip for August 31- September 1! In October I will be able to start hiking and by November the mountains will be open again! 2011 is my year for riding, apparently!

After riding all day, I swooped up the baby girl and took her on a really long, yet really beautiful hike up Park City Mountain Resort. Unlike the Bird, PCMR is absolutely beautiful in the summer! It's so green and grassy and there are so many trees!!! I was in love with our walk and am anxiously awaiting Fall and for Skippy to come down and hike back in the Aspens with me and the Mischa!

We hiked up through the Three Kings terrain park past all of the melting kickers, and then took the switchback cat that goes all the way from the bottom of the Ridge terrain park to the base. It was a great hike because we just followed the cat and were in the shade most of the way. Once to the top, we sat on the Eagle chair which was positioned perfectly for Mischa and I to sit on and overlook all of Park City and beyond. We then hiked to the top of the Ridge and saw that McConkey's and Jupiter are still completely covered with snow on the North/ East facing sides. We walked under McConkey's lift then found a little trail that took us back to the front. We caught up with the Eagle lift again and walked below that but all we found were cigarette butts and beer cans. We walked through the pipe which still had at least a 12 foot wall on one side. It was so wet and muddy through there. Mischa and I were both covered head to toe in mud. She pulled too hard chasing a rodent and I slipped and fell in the mud and her whole body was covered from being a low rider. Once to the car I wrestled her into a plastic grocery bag and carried her into the house and dropped her into the shower. We filled the whole shower with mud. It was really gross. But, we had such a great hike! I love hiking with my little baby girl! She is always such a trooper! It's SUMMER! I love it!