Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Park City- Our New Home!




Since I moved to Salt Lake four years ago, I had been looking at places to live in Park City. The stars were finally all aligned this spring and I was able to find a place that allowed pets and would sign a year term. (Most places don't allow pets and will only sign summer terms). So, I called upon my trusty moving helper (Skippy) and she gratefully flew down for the BIG move. As shown above, my body is about the size of a desk top printer, thus allowing me to fit nicely into its box. I could be shipped across the country! Anyway......

It took an entire 14 foot U-Haul truck, four trips in the Tahoe and one Sweet Unit boat load to get all of my crap up here. If I didn't have so many interests... (beads, Christmas decorations, snowboards, photography, dance shoes and clothes, 300 credits worth of college books....) then this would have been a simple move. But, oh no! No, nothing is simple for this girl! We worked our little butts off for three days straight. And that was just getting it all up here! We battled snow, sleet, hail, rain, a truck that I apparently reserved for a month earlier, the purchase and installation of new storage shelving and cleaning my mold covered Rose Park apartment. All went off pretty well. The only things that broke were one of my rocks glasses and a cereal bowl, which is really impressive!! I am indebted to Skippy for helping me with that huge load and for allowing me to have a change in scenery!

Since being here for a week we have had a wonderful experience so far!!! Since we are on the second floor, I can keep the windows open for the boys to sit at. They have been out of the deck and love it! No one has jumped yet, I am hoping that their depth perception is accurate in warning them of the long drop.

Mischa has had the most fun running around the Wasatch Mountain Range, which is now her backyard! There is nothing behind us except for hundreds of miles of open mountain. It is incredibly beautiful and seeing the snow still on the mountains with wild flowers blooming is just such an incredible welcome present for us. Mischa has been enjoying chasing small rodents, a variety of birds, hopping and running through the tall grass and sage brush and trying to burrow in to the animal holes. We take a different path every time we go for a walk, so there is always something new to see and smell!

I took a break from school and unpacking this past weekend to ride up at the Dirty Bird. It was HOT up there yet the snow was not slushy and was still riding fast. I am so excited that I will be getting in at least 11 more days, which will put me over 100 days for the season!!

So, overall, life is looking pretty good right now! Living and loving it up here in the mountains, spending every weekend for the next 6 weeks up at the Bird, finishing off my second year of Arabic, starting my thesis. Life is good!