Monday, June 13, 2011

Remnants of Winter

After having a great day up at the Bird with a year to date snow total of 776 inches and a 150" remaining base, with the entire resort still open and a nip in the air, I traveled up to the base of PCMR to check out what was going on there. I found the remnants of the Super Pipe and the kickers in Kings Crown and Three Kings terrain parks. I honestly feel like it is the middle of January up at the Bird, there is so much snow! How lucky for a Bird Nerd like me to still be riding on such amazing conditions so late in the year!!! I even bought more hot temperature wax with the thought that I still have at least 10 more real days on the mountain and possibly an additional 6 after that!! When school gets out, hiking will also be an option and I may take advantage of that in order to secure my goal of 100 days on the mountain. I love Utah!