Thursday, February 10, 2011

Powder Leg!

On Monday night it dumped 18 new inches of fresh onto the Dirty Bird. With all the self control I could muster, I reluctantly attended my Arabic class on Tuesday, but flew up Little Cottonwood Canyon like a bat out of hell afterward! By the time I got up there, the whole front of the mountain was pretty much torn up and tracked out. So, I bombed Chickadee and went straight for P Dog. I rode through the tunnel and made a B line towards The Baldy side of Mineral. I was still getting fresh tracks, even if I had to cross over others. It was a beautiful blue day, rockin out in my hoodie.

My new "secret" stash is the Red Lens Line over in Thunder Bowl. So, I took a second to move my binding back a notch up at Hidden Peak, flew down Road to Provo and hit up the Black Forest, which was so pretty with the sun shining through the trees. I caught a chair on Gad 2 and pointed it right through the Tiger Tail gate. Once past the gate.....untracked powder paradise!!! I floated through untracked thigh high powder all the way until I lost elevation. Granted, I had to hike out of fresh pow for about 100 yards, but it was SOOO worth it!!! (The picture above is right where I flatted out.) I came down though the Pearly Gates and hopped on Zoom. By this time, I was completely exhausted after my long hike and powder leg. (One of the reasons I learned how to ride switch, so I wouldn't get it, and I actually didn't really get it!)

I traversed back to Chickadee and dragged my tired but really happy body back to the car. After a couple of really bad weeks, a blue bird POW day was exactly what I needed. Like I have always said, The Bird is my favorite place in the world and all is right in my world when I am at Snowbird. Many said it was the "best day ever" up there. It wasn't for me, but it definitely was pretty awesome!!! I'm glad it's finally February! Time for some big dumps!