Monday, September 27, 2010

Fans Running Amok!

















Skippy actually had this great idea! She got all dirty loading up our bikes for GAME DAY on ESPN and she drove us down to the greenbelt where we rode from the river take out point to the stadium to watch Erin Andrews on ESPN and to cheer with 20,000 of the Bronco Nation fans! (Did I mention that this all occurred at 5:30 A.M.? And it was 11 hours before kickoff and I was wearing a skirt? And it was cold? And dark?) It was AWESOME!!!

At 8:00 a.m., just as the sun was coming up over the Eastern bleachers of the stadium, Skippy and I took off on our bikes and rode down to the Capitol where we lined up with about 20,000 women for the Celebration Fitness Walk, Run and Stroll. I felt like I was running the Capitol Classic again! It was lots of fun and we saw Spjute on our way down Americana! I liked Tuxedo Row- men giving out high fives in tuxedos and the highlight was seeing Don Day! HA!















Hi.....#2.....I liked your somersault into the end zone in Wyoming...even if it did get you a personal foul and benched...hi... I'll be wearing your jersey in San Jo... see you there!





















"How do you get your fans to do that?" other teams always wonder how Boise can be so organized and wear the right color for the section they're in. I love it!!!

We had so much fun at the game! My boy, Pettis, #2 had one touchdown (sans the somersault) and a 6 yard TD pass (Which was crazy!) We beat the Beavers 37-24 and it was such an exciting game! We had lots of opportunities to yell "First Down!" and to see Cecil the dog run out onto the field and retrieve the tee.

So thanks Squirrel for the ticket! I think I represented the Bronco Nation well! It was a whirlwind day for me and Skippy but we had so much fun! I want to do it again!