Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Favorite Moment

One of my favorite recent moments happened when I went home to celebrate mine and Skippys birthdays. Skip and I were all packed up and headed out of the house for a day on the river. She was putting a bag of Cheetos in the cooler when Biff happened to walk past. Skip pulled out a Cheeto and asked if Biff liked them. (He loves Doritos, butter, cream cheese and Cheetos). I told her that he would love a Cheeto. She pulled one out, crouched on the stripped kitchen floor and said to him, "We have time for you to lick this Cheeto" and held it for him while he licked all the cheese off of it.

This was a simple little act but it was so representative of what a wonderful, patient and loving mother I have. I only hope that if someday I am a mother that I will follow in her footsteps and enjoy every moment, smell every flower and savor the little things in life.