Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Being 30!





Who in the world would have guessed that I would ever be........30!! I remember my 19th birthday like it was yesterday. I got an iron. A useful, adult present, which I had asked for. Where did all those years go!!?? I can't say that I haven't had a good ride, because I have! I have been in school for the majority of those years, but in fun places like Italy, Las Vegas and Salt Lake! I have travelled to more countries than I have states and I have learned a few languages. I have expanded my palate to include wild foods like tomatoes, steaks, wine, scotch, eggplant, thresher shark and even beets! I have met amazing people from all over the world, owned two little businesses, created my own family with Biff, Axel and Mischa. I have learned new sports and have fallen head over heals in love with the mountains, snow and snowboarding. I have figured out that having a few wonderful people in your life is much better than having many who don't love and respect you. I have learned the scary ways of the boat dock! I learned how to catch really delicious brown trout with a marshmallow and a worm. I have learned that sunscreen and a bandana are my two best friends for keeping my face looking young! I have learned that I hate flying but looooove a good road trip. I discovered that I love camping and that I become a gourmet cook when faced with a roadtrip grill and propane! I have learned that I love motorcycles and fast cars. I have found a passion for bullets, guns and anything relating to personal and national defense. I learned from my wonderful mom that "All paths are not the same, some have flip flops! Enjoy the Journey!" My journey has included; flip flops (or what us children of the 80's called "thongs"), golf shoes, stilettos, rollerblades, cleats, tap shoes, athletic tape on bare feet, snowshoes, hiking boots, puma racing shoes, ski boots, jazz shoes, rollerblades, safe steps and my favorite- snowboots. I can say that although I am not exactly in the place that I thought I would be, or want to be, I have nothing to complain about. I am incredibly blessed with an abundance of love and consider myself to be one of the luckiest and happiest girls in the world. It's the beginning of a new decade and I'm on the brink of a new chapter in life. I'm excited to see what my 30's holds. If it's half as exciting as my 20's, I'm in for a wild and wonderful ride!