Monday, January 31, 2011

Glad I Chose...


The University of Utah instead of NYU to get my Masters Degree. Everyone always assumes when I tell that that I went to UNLV for my Undergrads that the Strip would have been a distraction. I quickly correct their assumption by telling them that the Strip was never a distraction for my studies...but these mountains....now THEY are the ultimate distraction! The proof is above! (Both of these days I did attend class, however!)

For those who are curious: The top picture was taken in Thunder Bowl on the Defiance Ledge at Snowbird. This picture is of the Western part of Mount Superior, which is my new back country hiking conquest. The bottom picture was taken at Brighton Resort at the top of Great Western facing West looking down Big Cottonwood Canyon with Snowbird far off to the left (not shown) and The Canyons off to the right. Actually, my next real back country mission is to take Ninety Nine 90 from The Canyons, traverse the cirque and drop the back side of Park City Mountain Resort and drop into Big Cottonwood Canyon. I better get on it, the winter's almost over!