Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Always Fun with the Seymours!



Last weekend I went home for the annual pilgrimage to attend a Boise State game. Since we were playing TCU, the fans were instructed to all wear orange for an orange out. Luckily, I had Myron's buffalo coat and orange snow pants to complete the look! Squirrel bought me a delicious dog, the warm up music was fun, it was a cold but really beautiful day cheering down by the river. But, the unthinkable and unfortunate happened. I actually don't think I can even utter the words. I'll just let you deduce that after a poorly played game by the Broncos, the stadium of 35, 000 people was silent. I compare it to a funeral. But......after the crazy losses in the top ten this past weekend, the Bronco Nation still has a team and we are ranked #7!

As a treat for Squirrel, I brought home my Glock 9mm and my Bushmaster AR15. So, coincidentally, on Veterans Day, Squirrel and I (Accompanied by a really scared Skippy) went blasting! Since it was cold and dark by the time I arrived in the B.I., I surrendered my desert outing for one in the range. It had been a long time since Squirrel had shot a gun and combined with his awkwardly long Squirrel claws, his first trigger pull with the Glock ended bloody. The slide caught his hand and sliced a pretty big gouge. It was bleeding profusely, but he tried to tough it out. The range master came over and took him back into the store and got him all taped and bandaged up. After that, he was a pretty good shot!

In Utah at the indoor range that I shoot at, I had been eyeing up these squirrel targets. Finally, I was able to bring them up to Idaho for Squirrel and I to shoot. I can't even explain how absolutely, uncontrollably hilarious it was to attach those tiny little squirrel targets to the clips and then watch the little squirrel move down the range!!!!! I laugh just sitting here thinking about it!! Squirrel and I blasted these little guys with the AR through iron sites at about 40 yards. Soooooo funny!!!! I am so glad we could document the hilarity that was this outing!!!