Thursday, July 7, 2011

Kissing Winter Good Bye!


783" of record breaking fresh at Snowbird, 650" at Brighton and 386" of snow at the Canyons made for an AWESOME winter for me!!!! I am sad to see my season finally end, after 8 glorious months, but the next few months will recharge my riding battery! Here is a statistical recap of this memorable season!

Season: November 9, 2010- July 4, 2011

Best Day: April 8, Canyons
Best Run: March 22, Dutchmans, Canyons
Best Pow Day: February 8, Snowbird
Best Park Day: April 17, Park City Mountain Resort
Best Hike: January 6, Canyons
Best Friends Day: April 1, Canyons & May 15, Snowbird

Total Days: 93

Total Miles Driven in Search of the Pow: 7,840
Tanks of Gas: 26
Cost of Gas: $2,080
Cost for Lift Tickets: $2,531
Number of Season Passes: 5
New Resorts for the Life List: 1
Number of Stitches: 0 (Yay!)

I was pretty conservative with buying new gear this season. I DID buy a new helmet that is cute and I will wear it next season. Other than two new hoodies, 2 pairs of boots and a set of ear buds, I didn't have to load up on the gear. This year, however, I will need a new Travis, gloves and bindings. But, since I live so close to 2 of my main mountains, I will be saving a TON of $$$ in gas, which can go towards new gear! Yay!!

I had high hopes for this season, but due to a few different factors, I did not accomplish as many of my riding goals as I would have wanted. But, I lay in bed every night and visualize what I want to be doing as soon as the season starts. I am not going to mess around until March before I start playing in the park. Day Numero Uno I am going to ride switch and try going off some kickers and maybe a rail at Brighton. It will be a few short months until I'm back on the snow!

Actually, I am hoping to ride August 31 and September 1 at Mnt. Hood and then hike in October in order to ride in every month of the 2011 year!